I've been wanting to make a fabric box and just got my pattern recently. I thought I would take a break from all the other sewing and try and make the box and here it is!
You can't really tell but the flower on top is 2 layers with the bottom flower the same color as the front flap.
Saturday, February 11, 2012
I took an African Folklore Embroidery class that was offered at the Road To California conference and just finished the first block. This embroidery is meant to be very colorful and anything goes. I used beads on the tail and for the eye. I think it turned out okay for my first block.
Monday, February 6, 2012
I finished Botanika last night and I'm not a bit happy with this block or the way the photo came out. The pattern wasn't drawn out very well and instead of redrawing the stem lines I just went ahead and followed the original lines. I thought I could live with the crooked stems but don't know if I can and will probably add some leaves at a later time. The block is prettier in person as the gold centers of the flowers are made with metallic fabric. Anyway, here's Botanika block 1.